Friday, November 7, 2008

Science Fair

The time has come to begin science fair. I love science fair and put a lot of time and effort into getting students ready to begin their projects. I will send home a time line and many more details on Monday, November 10th.

Each week, students will have an assignment due, that is part of their science fair project journal. I will send home a half sheet of paper explaining each assignment and I will go over each weekly assignment in class, with the students, in great detail. These will usually be due on Thursdays and must be turned in to go to Fabulous Friday. These must be typed. If students can't type it at home, there will be computers available at school that they can use. I will also have some adult help that will help type these, if needed.


Due Nov 13th:
1. Bring a 1" three-ring binder with 8 tabs for your journal. The eight tabs should be: purpose, research, hypothesis, experiment, analysis, bibliography, due dates and notes. Let me know if you cannot provide a binder for your child and I will take care of them.

2. Get parent's signature on the packet slip.

3. Write a proposal on an project you would like to complete (do NOT start the project yet, I need to approve these and will walk students through this process, step-by-step).

No comments: